[mythtvnz] Prime DVB-S changes

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:48:35 BST 2013

On 07/09/13 19:12, ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
> I just did a rescan and no difference, I don’t have Sky but I should now
> be able to see an extra Prime channel shouldn’t I ?

I don't think so  .... my reading of the url:
http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/duplicate-prime-satellite-signal-be-removed/5/166041

is that sky are turning OFF the Prime Feed on the sky transponders and
leaving the Prime Feed on the Freeviewnz transponder  ...  an overall
saving of Sky bandwidth.

I don't have sky so I am not sure what effect this has for SKY Satelite
only subscribers are they going to lose Prime? or does a sky set top box
also receive freeview transmissions?

Would apprciate someones input as my sister only has sky satelite (My
Sky) and I know that Prime is an important channel for her.

Regards

Tony