[mythtvnz] Current Freeview & SKYTV channels.conf for EPG Snoop

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 16 07:41:42 BST 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:56:52 +1300, you wrote:

>I have looked at Hads git repo, the channels.conf there is out of date.
>I can't get scan-s2 to compile so the script given by someone on the
>list earlier this year doesn't give me what I need.  The format of
>channels.conf.freeview is -
>
># CHANNEL_ID|XMLTVID|NAME|ICON|WEBSITE|CHANNEL_NUMBER
>#
># Note that the channel number currently serves no purpose.
>#
>###
>1025|maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv|Maori
>TV|maori_tv.jpg|http://www.freeviewnz.tv/|5
>1035|tv1.freeviewnz.tv|One|1.jpg|http://www.tv1.co.nz/|1
>1036|tv2.freeviewnz.tv|TV 2|2.jpg|http://www.tv2.co.nz/|2
>1038|tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv|TVNZ 7|tvnz7.jpg|http://www.freeviewnz.tv/|25

>Thanks in advance Graeme

You are welcome to copies of my files:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/channels.conf.sky
  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/channels.conf.freeview

These are for SkyTV and Freeview DVB-S respectively, for use with
epgsnoop.  If you are running epgsnoop, you will also need to update
the epgsnoop.conf file to use the current domain name of epg.org.nz.

So what problems are you having compiling scan-s2?  What distro are
you using?

I think the version of scan-s2 I am using is from the source code
provided with the TBS V4L drivers for my TBS 5922 DVB-S card.  You can
get the TBS drivers with that source code from here:

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document/common/tbs-linux-drivers_v130927.zip