[mythtvnz] (SOLVED) followup of new 0.27 install (Curtis Walker)

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk.74 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 20:48:17 BST 2013

Thanks guys!!!  I think you have the answer.

When i originally installed the firmware for my HVR-2200, i followed the
following instructions:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200#Making_it_Work_Easily

After reading your suggestions i double checked my dmesg, and i don't know
how i could possibly have missed the error, but there was a reference to
another failed firmware download for 'dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw'!   I'm
surprised that anything was working at all with a missing firmware...

As suggested by the link that Curtis sent - I downloaded:
    www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/22xxdrv_27086.zip
    www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/HVR-12x0-14x0-17x0_1_25_25271_WHQL.zip
    www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/extract.sh

and using 'extract.sh' I got the firmware files, put them into
/lib/firmware/.  Been running for a few hours now, without any issues
what-so-ever.  Touch-wood, but I think that's the last I'll see of the
pixellation issues.

Looking at the original linuxtv.org page again, i see that this correct
procedure was noted just a couple of screens up from the directions i
originally followed...

Thanks again!
Mark