[mythtvnz] Raspbmc doesn't quite cut it as a mythtv frontend.

David Tildesley davotnz at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Nov 27 05:23:50 GMT 2013

I meant it as FYI only. I am not interested in further pursuing raspbmc mythtv plugin route - I was just curious and had an opportunity to try it is all (it wasn't the purpose of buying the raspberry pi) and thought others could be saved the bother of going down that route (don't is my recommendation).

It's a pain though trying to find a good low cost, adequate front-end hardware with the noise free, small size attributes especially in NZ.

David.

On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 8:00 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM, David Tildesley <davotnz at yahoo.co.nz> wrote:

> using the Mythtv pvr plugin. Picture is OK but pauses a lot @ 1920 * 1080.
> CPU running at about 75% Load averages are high (5.32, 5.25. 4.32). Crashed.

Although there has been a bit of discussion here about xbmc's pvr
client, it isn't the best place to get xbmc or rpi support.

forums.xbmc.org is your best place for support, and consulting this:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html would be a good
idea. xbmc forums will want you to provide versions of the software, a
debug log and so forth.