[mythtvnz] Commercial flagging / skipping

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 23:21:05 BST 2013

Hi,

is anyone using commercial flagging and skipping in  New Zealand?

Is it working well?

Many years ago I was successfully using commercial skipping, I think it was successful on most of my recordings maybe 80%.
Then at some point it became pretty unusable. I think the main reason for the change was that we got more HD channels in NZ and the commercial skipping did not work as well (or not at all from memory) on the HD recordings.

I ended up removing all commercial flagging jobs, there wasn't much point having the backend grinding away to create flagged recordings when the result was very inaccurate.

Anyway just wondering what the latest experience is.

Cheers