[mythtvnz] TVNZ stopping overnight BBC from 31-Mar-2013

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 26 03:54:04 GMT 2013

I just found a note in my latest Listener saying that from
31-Mar-2013, TVNZ will no longer be broadcasting BBC World News
overnight.  Instead it seems they will be doing infomercials.  As
though we need more infomercials that no-one will watch!  I can still
get the same programs from the BBC World News channel on Sky, but I am
sure there will be many who will miss this broadcast.  Once again,
TVNZ has no clue about how to be a good broadcaster any more.
Presumably, this will have been done in order to get some more money
to pay the exorbitant dividends the National government is demanding.

On that day, we will need to remember to turn off the code in
xmltv-proc-nz that gets the BBC listings for us.