[mythtvnz] http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 26 01:09:49 GMT 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:35:09 +1300, you wrote:

>> Yes, I see what your problem is. I only have DVB-T so I missed the point
>> that you have many non-DVB-T channels in your mythtv setup. The fuzzy
>> matching does do correct matches now. This was the bug I fixed
>> yesterday. The problem is that it doesn't (yet) filter out non-DVB-T
>> channels. Maybe your modified select query is the way to go or maybe
>> filter on source id? I'm not sure and I can't test or inspect the
>> database because I don't have anything except DVB-T. I suppose the quick
>> fix is to add your query as a command line option so it can be turned
>> off if it doesn't work for someone else.
>
>I have the same mix of channels and using the '-f' switch with a channel
>map works fine - just what bug requires fixing?

Anyone who has other than DVB-T channels in their database would need
to use -f, which causes yet another channel table file to exist and
have to be maintained.  When another channel change happens, it is
likely to be forgotten about and will then cause problems.  It is much
better if the fuzzy matching can be made to work.