[mythtvnz] http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Mar 24 09:20:38 GMT 2013

> In the mean time, I have added the following lines to my epg gathering
> script after it runs mhegepgsnoop-py:
>
>     # Temporary fix for bad <channel id> values in the MHEG5 EPG data.
>     sed -f /usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop_sed_replacements --in-place
> $TEMP_FILE
>
> and this is what I have in the
> /usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop_sed_replacements file:
>
> s/comedy-central.sky.co.nz/tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv/g
> s/.sky.co.nz/.freeviewnz.tv/g
>
> That seems to fix the problem for now, and should not cause any
> trouble if the channel id values are changed back to the correct ones.
> So I can use the mhegepgsnoop data until the epg.org.nz data is fixed.

I wonder if you have had a bad download recently that has inserted a few
sky.co.nz xmltvids which mhegepgsnoop is then finding with its fuzzy
search. Mythweb is good at displaying otherwise 'invisible' channels :)

Are you using the '-f' switch on mhegepgsnoop to map the channel names? I
certainly have to use the channel map because otherwise I get exactly
those channel swaps. This is what I'm currently using - based on what I
see from the Sugar Loaf in CHCH.

Canterbury Television   canterburytv.freeviewnz.tv
RadioNZ Concert concert.freeviewnz.tv
U       u.freeviewnz.tv
Trackside       trackside.freeviewnz.tv
PRIME   prime.freeviewnz.tv
ChineseTV8      chinesetv.freeviewnz.tv
TV ONE  tv1.freeviewnz.tv
tvCentral       tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv
TV2     tv2.freeviewnz.tv
TV3     tv3.freeviewnz.tv
FOUR    four.freeviewnz.tv
C4      c4.freeviewnz.tv
Firstlight      firstlight.freeviewnz.tv
RadioNZ National        national.freeviewnz.tv
TVONEPLUS1      tv1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
Ma?ori Television       maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
Parliament TV   parliament.freeviewnz.tv
TV3Plus1        tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
ChoiceTV        choice.freeviewnz.tv
Dunedin Television      dunedintv.freeviewnz.tv
The Shopping Channel    shop.freeviewnz.tv
TV9     tv9.freeviewnz.tv
BaseFM  basefm.freeviewnz.tv

--
Robin Gilks