[mythtvnz] http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Mar 24 08:44:39 GMT 2013

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:22:30 +1300, you wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Tim Stonehouse
><tim.stonehouse at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 23 March 2013 10:34, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> Successful update but only 5 days of data?

>> Me too, anyone else seeing the same?  now only 4 days.
>
>me too.

There may be a problem with the source EPG data.  I just ran
mhegepgsnoop and epgsnoop to get the raw EPG data.  The epgsnoop data
(EIT data from Freeview satellite) seems OK.  But the MHEG5 data has
bad channel id values for many channels.  Somehow, the Sky channel ids
are being used for c4, cuetv, prime, trackside, tv2, tv3 and
tvcentral.  Except for tvcentral, they are all .sky.co.nz instead of
.freeviewnz.tv.  The tvcentral one is really screwed up - it is set to
comedy-central.sky.co.nz!  So I went to my TV to check the MHEG5
program guide there, and for TV2 I was only getting EIT now/next data
- no MHEG5 data.  TV One, which still has a valid channel id in the
mhegepgsnoop download, was showing full MHEG5 guide data on the TV.

I believe the epg.org.nz data is now derived from mhegepgsnoop, so it
will be affected by this.

Is there anyone out there who has contact with the people who do the
EPG for Freeview and can let them know about the problem?

In the mean time, I have added the following lines to my epg gathering
script after it runs mhegepgsnoop-py:

    # Temporary fix for bad <channel id> values in the MHEG5 EPG data.
    sed -f /usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop_sed_replacements --in-place
$TEMP_FILE

and this is what I have in the
/usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop_sed_replacements file:

s/comedy-central.sky.co.nz/tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv/g
s/.sky.co.nz/.freeviewnz.tv/g

That seems to fix the problem for now, and should not cause any
trouble if the channel id values are changed back to the correct ones.
So I can use the mhegepgsnoop data until the epg.org.nz data is fixed.