[mythtvnz] nzepg.org off air?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Mar 16 01:44:34 GMT 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:32:41 +1300, you wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:25:58 +1300, Stephen Worthington
><stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>> Check that you have updated the right tv_grab_nz-py file - there might
>> be more than one on the path.  Log in as your mythtv user which runs
>> mythfilldatabase and do:
>>
>>   which -a tv_grab_nz-py
>>
>> Check that you can download the epg file - cut and paste the URL from
>> the tv_grab_nz-py file into a command line and add a wget command on
>> the front.  Do you get a valid file?

>So after deleting the backup originals: tv_grab_nz-py~. I renamed the
>modified files tv_grab_nz-py~ and it now works.
>
>So what does the tild indicate? and how come mythfilldatabase was looking
>for it?
>
>Thanks for the pointers Hadley,Nick and Stephen. :)
>
>Paul

That ~ on the end of the file name normally means it is a backup copy
made by an old-style text editor.  You should rename the file to
tv_grab_nz-py and then fix the name in mythtv-setup to be the same.  I
have no idea how you came to be using the backup copy, but it is a
really bad idea to do that.  The best place for the file is
/usr/local/bin.  And check the permissions - backup copies made by a
text editor sometimes do not have execute permission.