[mythtvnz] nzepg.org off air?

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 00:50:20 GMT 2013

> Check that you have updated the right tv_grab_nz-py file - there might
> be more than one on the path.  Log in as your mythtv user which runs
> mythfilldatabase and do:
>
>   which -a tv_grab_nz-py
>
> Check that you can download the epg file - cut and paste the URL from
> the tv_grab_nz-py file into a command line and add a wget command on
> the front.  Do you get a valid file?

I tried wget 'http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz', and the terminal seems
to hang: I get a > on the next line .The myth at myth prompt my system uses
doesn't come back.
If I paste 'http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz', into the chromium browser
on the system ,it downloads the file.
I'll see if I can find duplicates of tv_grab_nz-py on the two paths where
copies were found: /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin

Paul