[mythtvnz] Sky channel changes

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jun 3 15:33:22 BST 2013

Sky has changed a couple of channels recently, probably from
1-Jun-2013, so I ran a new scan of all the transponders to see the
changes:

MGM =>
  Sky Movies Classics aka SM Classics (SMCLASSICS)
ANZAC (digital radio channel) =>
  Classic R&B and Soul aks Classic R'n'B (CLASSICRNB)

Anyone recording Sky with MythTV will need to update their channels
and EPG files accordingly.  I had to modify the channels database, and
these files:

  /usr/local/bin/.epgsnoop/channels.conf
  /home/stephen/.mythtv/SkyNZ.xmltv

I have replaced the copy of /usr/local/bin/.epgsnoop/channels.conf on
my web server here:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/channels.conf.sky

with the latest version.  I have yet to actually find an icon file I
can use for the SM Classics channel, as Sky has not updated their web
pages for the change yet, so I have just put in an "smclassics.jpg"
file as a place holder.

Also, a while ago the old JuiceTV channel was dropped and the new
JONES! channel added.  I had that change in the last copy of
channels.conf.sky, but the JONES! channel is now actually
transmitting.