[mythtvnz] Question about quality from satellite

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Sat Jul 13 11:05:44 BST 2013

Actually I might not have made myself clear enough in the original post :-)

I appreciate that I am only ever using SD or I guess 576 and not HD.

What I am saying is that sometimes some programs seem much better quality
than others with both being the same supposed resolution. I am theorizing
that the ones that appear to be better quality are actually ones that are
showing as full HD on terrestrial but scaled down for satellite.

I was wondering if anyone had any more info or better theory - perhaps it's
just my imagination.

I guess the bitrate is probably the place to look, I don't know.

Cheers