[mythtvnz] Setting up a new system: tv_grab_nz-py howto?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jul 4 03:27:42 BST 2013

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 22:45:46 +1200, you wrote:

>On 3 July 2013 22:22, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 03/07/13 22:15, Nick Rout wrote:
>>>
>>> Hads, any chance of changing the script?
>>

>> Done :)
>>
>> hads
>> --
>> http://nice.net.nz

>This is not the OP's problem, but FWIW another thing I had to change
>on Arch linux was telling Arch to run the script using Python 2,
>rather than the distro's default Python 3.
>
>Accomplished by amending the script's first line to:
>
>"#!/usr/bin/python2"

This sort of thing is going to affect most distributions soon, now
that Python 2 has been deprecated.  Ubuntu is intending to install
only Python 3 from 14.04 LTS, so the next upgrade of Mythbuntu will
have it.  So we should be looking at porting all Python 2 scripts to
Python 3 and only creating new ones in Python 3.