[mythtvnz] FE hardware...

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 03:40:13 GMT 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Steve Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz>wrote:

> Would this be a good choice of motherboard for a MythTV front end??
>
> http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4338#sp

Looks reasonable. It's a bit odd to me that it has dual-LAN when the
distinguishing feature is WiFi, but there you go. It only has one PCIe slot
of it pretty limited in term of expansion capability, but this might not be
an issue for you. Do you plan to use the integrated graphics or will you
add a graphics card? I haven't had much success personally with integrated
graphics under Linux. How will connect to the audio? It's got SPDIF optical
out which is good, but it's not clear to me if it also does audio over HDMI.

Cheers,