[mythtvnz] mythfilldatabase not working as a cron job: Solved?

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 22:42:53 GMT 2013

On 21/01/13 08:56, Worik Stanton wrote:
> I have moved it into ~mythtv/.mythtv area and put a link to it from the
> other account's .mythtv
>
> We'll see if that fixes it.

You are on to something here .... File placements and permissions are
critical.

> Still does not explain why it would not run as a chron job.

Cron jobs do not have as full an environment set-up as jobs executed by
a logged in user.
It is up to you to determine where the environment is difficant and set
set appropriate environment variables at the start of the cron script to
make sure your environment is suitable for the cron job to execute in.

Tony Sauri