[mythtvnz] Recording dropouts and disk performance...

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Sun Feb 17 05:22:00 GMT 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 18:03 +1300, Rob Connolly wrote:

> D'oh, it looks like that may be (one of) my problem(s) although my
> performance doesn't seem to be quite as bad as yours (possibly because
> these are SATA 3 drives?).
>
> Here is the partition table of one of my drives:
>
> Model: ATA WDC WD20EARX-008 (scsi)
> Disk /dev/sda: 2000GB
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
> Partition Table: msdos
> Disk Flags:
>
> Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system     Flags
>  1      32.3kB  255MB   255MB   primary  ext2            boot, raid
>  2      255MB   4302MB  4047MB  primary  linux-swap(v1)
>  3      4302MB  2000GB  1996GB  primary                  raid
>
> Out by 0.3k!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

You can fix this on the fly, although performance will get even worse
while you're doing it... drop off a disk, repartition to your
preferences on a 4k boundary, then re-add it. It'll silver back up. Once
that one's done, move on to the next one...

hth,

Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP
http://www.greengecko.co.nz
Skype: sholdowa