[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py configuration issues

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 09:01:42 GMT 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On 18/12/13 21:44, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> Just write your config file by hand if you need to. Format is
>> plaintext with each line like this:
>>
>> channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
>>
>> for the channels you want. It's name should be
>>
>> ~USER/.mythtv/FreeviewHD.xmltv
>>
>> where USER is the user which runs mythbackend.
>>
>> You can get a list of valid channels by downloading the xmltv file and
>> searching it
>>
>> wgethttp://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>>
>> zgrep "<channel id=" freeview.xml.gz
>>
>> Clunky but effective.
>

> Correct, good advice, that's what I was going to suggest too.
>

>> Author of tv_nz_grab-py - help??
>

> That's me. tv_nz_grab-py needs fixing, it's on my TODO list.

No pressure, it's a quiet time of year :)

How about a ubuntu package? There have been a few cases recently where
a packaging update might have been handy, like when the
freeview.xml.gz file changed websites. There were certainly a few
users caught out by that.

Then again I'm not really sure how many users it has, there are still
only in the order of 200 users on this mailing list.

I know people use your script for tvheadend too.

Be interesting to know from the owner of epg.org.nz how many hits
he/she gets a day - not that they are all using tv_grab_nz-py to get
the data either.