[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py configuration issues

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Wed Dec 18 00:46:52 GMT 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 11:28 +1300, Andrew Taylor wrote:
> Hi
>

> Apologies if this has been answered before, I had a search through the
> archive but couldn't find a working answer.
>

> I downloaded the latest tv_grab_nz-py from nice.net.nz and made the
> adjustments mentioned by stephen in this thread:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/559187
>

> From:
> doc = ElementTree.parse(StringIO(text)).getroot()
> ----
> To:
> parser = ElementTree.XMLParser(encoding="ISO-8859-1")
> doc = ElementTree.parse(StringIO(text), parser=parser).getroot()
>

> But it still dies in the configuration for me when it gets to Marori
> TV with the unicodeEncodeError .
>

> Is there anything else I am missing?
> Running Ubuntu 12.04LTS Server (fresh install) with tvheadend and xbmc
>

> Cheers
>

> Andrew

I have no idea if this is relevant or not, but ISO-8859-1 usually means
the old windows-1252 character set, which probably doesn't support Maori
specific characters. Does UTF-8 encoding work any better??

Cheers,

Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP
http://www.greengecko.co.nz
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveholdoway