[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py configuration issues

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Dec 5 00:49:47 GMT 2013

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 09:32:32 +1300, you wrote:

>On 05/12/13 09:26, Nick Rout wrote:
>> channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
>> channel!chinesetv.freeviewnz.tv
>>
>> Where = signifies you want that data, ! signifies that you don't.
>> However, as I say I am not sure that is the exact syntax until I get
>> home and look at the file there.
>
>That is correct, you only really need the = lines, not having a line is
>basically the same as having a ! line.
>
>Looks like tv_grab_nz-py can't handle the unicode characters and needs
>an update.
>
>hads

I did the patches suggested here by Robin Gilks to my copy at some
point - I forget what problem they fixed, but it might have been this
one.  I know I needed the fixes.  Here is the diff:

root at mypvr:/usr/local/bin# diff tv_grab_nz-0.2.6a-py tv_grab_nz-py
23,25c23
< VERSION = '0.2.6a'
< # Modified by J S Worthington to work with Python 2.7 according to
mods by
< # Robin Gilks posted to the mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz mailing
list.
---
> VERSION = '0.2.6'
29c27
<     'http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz',
---
>     'http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz',
212,213c210
<     parser = ElementTree.XMLParser(encoding="ISO-8859-1")
<     doc = ElementTree.parse(StringIO(text), parser=parser).getroot()
---
>     doc = ElementTree.parse(StringIO(text)).getroot()
264,265c261