[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py configuration issues

Nick Wallingford nickw at beekeeping.co.nz
Wed Dec 4 20:06:14 GMT 2013

Seeing recent list comments on this, I've been motivated to have another
go at getting it working...

I'm having trouble using the --configure option for the first run, as it
seems to be choking on a non-ascii character - the macron in Maori, near
as I can tell.

_______________

   File "tv_grab_nz-py", line 226, in <module>
     use = raw_input('Use channel %s (%s)? [y/N]' % (channel[1],
channel[0]))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0101' in
position 13: ordinal not in range(128)

Is this a result of my own locale setup, or something within the script?

Alternatively, if someone can send me the config file they are using and
let me know where it should 'live', I could do it that way...

Thanks for your help.

Nick W.
Tauranga