[mythtvnz] [OT] Home Automation

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Tue Aug 20 03:16:11 BST 2013

> I am NOT interested in wiring relays into my lighting system. My ideal would
be something that slotted nto a normal like switch box in the wall and signalled
back to a central cpu which bridges the whole system back to the IP network,
with a API based on standard and open protocols.

There is http://www.zwave.com.au/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=49 and the
other products from zwave.com.au (i.e. Dimmable).. You wire it between the
light switch (you put it in the light switch at the back) and the light and
then you can use z-wave protocol to talk to it.

They do quite a lot of home automation stuff + you need USB stick + some
software.. I have a bit of this stuff (excluding the switches( and have yet
to get (not really tired) to get working with linux) but there are linux
drivers for the USB device .