[mythtvnz] EPG

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Aug 13 16:32:26 BST 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:09:51 +1200, you wrote:

>2 Questions
>
>1. Is there any EPG for Sommet Sports? I didn't even see one on their
>website last I looked.

It is there as MHEG5 - my TV sees it.  But the epg.org.nz scripts will
probably need to be configured to capture it.  I had not heard of the
new channel until you mentioned it.

>2. The epg downloaded by tv_grab_nz-py has a whole lot of info for
>Canterbury TV, but it doesn't seem to have a proper xmltvid.
>
>eg:
><programme channel="Canterbury Television" start="20130813073000 +1200"
>stop="20130813080000 +1200">
>                <title>Visitor Television</title>
>                <desc>VTV is a fun interactive half hour show with our
>delightful presenter, Reanna Smith, featuring top attractions,
>entertainment, restaurants and events.</desc>
>                <episode-num system="dd_progid">VTV</episode-num>
>                <rating system="Freeview">
>                        <value>G</value>
>                </rating>
>        </programme>
>
>The normal format is <programme channel="ctv.freeview.nz" ... etc
>
>The Dunedin one is the same actually.

That should be able to be fixed by changing the config for epg.org.nz,
but in the mean time you should be able to just specify the xmltvid in
MythTV to match the current "Canterbury Television".  Presuming that
spaces are valid in xmltvid values - I have not tried it as I do not
get those channels here in Palmerston North.