[mythtvnz] Mythtv setup problems: Unrecognised DVB-T

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Aug 10 09:46:40 BST 2013

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 17:08:52 +1200, you wrote:

>On 10/08/13 13:41, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:34:06 +1200, you wrote:
>>
>>> Mythtv was running reasonably well (some signal strength problems but I
>>> can handle those I think).
>>>
>>> But then it stopped recognising my DVB-T sticks.
>>>

>[snip]
>>
>> If that is not the problem, try booting using the older kernel from
>> before the dist-upgrade and see if that helps.  I have a problem at
>
>I have booted the previous kernel.  The first time I booted it it did
>detect the dvb stick but I had a power failure and now I am back to it
>not being recognised.
>
>I have attached what I think are the relevant parts of my syslog.
>
>The logs around 16:13 are the successful boot.  Those around 16:21 the
>unsuccessful reboot.
>
>At 16:19:24 there was a weird corrupted line in the log.
>

>I am at a loss.
>
>Worik

The corrupt line in the middle looks like a crash and a reboot - the
log restarts again in the middle of that line, and the timestamp is
2m32s later.  Or maybe it is just the logging process restarting.

But the lines you have extracted for the Nova-T Stick seem fine.  So,
do you have the appropriate /dev/dvb devices present?  Are they in the
correct order?  What exactly are the symptoms of your problem - what
errors does mythbackend give?  What does its log say?  Does
mythtv-setup show the correct devices on the correct adaptor numbers?