[mythtvnz] hdhomerun doesn't connect on restart when connected directly to the lan port

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 02:39:31 BST 2013

>>> I haven't read all this thread, and I am simply replying to the last
>>> message, but I don't think the HDHR does static IP. It >is link-local
>>> or
>>> dhcp. Hope that clears u a few misconceptions.
>>>>

>> Any need to include ' ddns-update-style none; ' or set lease time or
>> maximum lease time?
>>
>> Paul
>
> The "ddns-update-style none;" looks like a good idea, but is
> unnecessary for just an HDHomerun, which does not do DDNS.
>
> Setting the lease times just affects how often the HDHomerun will need
> to renew its lease.  The defaults are fine (every 2 hours), but if you
> want to increase it, that works too.  I am not sure why that page is
> recommending a one day timeout.  In a busy network, there are
> tradeoffs between longer and shorter timeouts.  If there are devices
> being connected and disconnected all the time (eg people walking
> through a WiFi zone with cellphones and tablets with WiFi on), then
> with a longer lease time you can run out of IP addresses as they will
> hang around waiting for the device to reconnect again until the lease
> expires.  But a shorter lease time increase the traffic a bit.

Ok,Ive followed the directions above. The system is behaving exactly as
before.HDHR connects if I put a sleep 20 in mythbackend.conf .It doesn't
connect without it.Wired and wireless networking still works.

dhcpd -t gave the following output:

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.1-ESV-R4
Copyright 2004-2011 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

I get some of these in syslog:

Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server
4.1-ESV-R4
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Copyright 2004-2011 Internet Systems
Consortium.
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: All rights reserved.
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: For info, please visit
https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server
4.1-ESV-R4
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Copyright 2004-2011 Internet Systems
Consortium.
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: All rights reserved.
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: For info, please visit
https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.
Apr 27 13:13:41 myth dhcpd: Wrote 0 leases to leases file.
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd:
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd: No subnet declaration for eth0 (no IPv4
addresses).
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd: ** Ignoring requests on eth0.  If this is not
what
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd:    you want, please write a subnet declaration
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd:    in your dhcpd.conf file for the network
segment
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd:    to which interface eth0 is attached. **
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd:
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd:
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth dhcpd: Not configured to listen on any interfaces!
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth kernel: [   17.378358] init: isc-dhcp-server main
process (1330) terminated with status 1
Apr 27 13:13:42 myth kernel: [   17.378376] init: isc-dhcp-server main
process ended, respawning

I'll attach the complete syslog from a reboot and a copy of dhcpd.conf if
anyone's
  interested.
Paul