[mythtvnz] Help-can't get grabber and mythfilldatabase to work right

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 25 05:28:16 BST 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:15:33 +1200, you wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:11:35 +1200, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:26:42 +1200, Tim Westbrook <iondiode at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> How did you verify it was working (the network?) did you try wget?
>>> zless? what is in that file?

>> Ok I'm back trying to get this grabber working after some major problems
>> after a power cut.
>>
>> I used wget and successfully downloaded 210k of data and viewed it with
>> zless -it's all there,so it does not appear to be a problem getting the
>> data.
>>
>> Paul
>
>I've looked at the logs - nothing there that gives me any idea why
>mythfilldatabase does not work.
>2013-04-20 16:24:05.656260 E FillData: xmltv returned error code 2
>  2013-04-20 16:24:05.656759 E Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>
>What file?
>
>Paul

That message normally indicates that the XML in the uncompressed xmltv
file is invalid.  The XML parsing has tried to read more from the file
and has not found the right data and has read beyond the end of file.
This does occasionally happen when something goes wrong on the web
server with the creation of the EPG file, as might well have happened
if it got caught by the same power cut as you.  But you already looked
at the uncompressed data and it seemed OK, so I am not sure.  Usually,
when there are problems like this, they are fixed by the next time you
download the EPG the next day, and you should still have 6 days of EPG
stored so it is usually not a problem.