[mythtvnz] Storage drive won't mount

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:55:41 BST 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:00:16 +1200, criggie <criggie at criggie.org.nz> wrote:

> On 22/04/13 20:40, Paulgir wrote:
>>
>> I had a power cut here about an hour ago and when the system rebooted I
>> got a message: problem mounting /var/lib/mythtv
>> I have /var/lib/mythtv on a 1TB drive.And the OS on a 160 GB drive.
>> The drive is ok according to the disk utility.SMART data is good ran
>> benchmark sucessfully.
>> sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /var/lib/mythtv gives a wrong fs error.fstab looks
>> fine.
>>
>> Any suggestions what to do?
>> Or how to temporarily revert to /var/lib mythtv on sda1?
>> I tried sudo umount /var/lib/mythtv but it tells me /var/lib/mythtv is
>> not mounted -of course.
>> Actually I think it has reverted by itself because it is recording to
>> some directory.
>> Any ideas how to get my 1TB drive mounting again?
>
> As root, try         fsck /dev/sdb1
> and see if there are any errors
>
> Then do a mount /var/lib/mythtv
> and see what errors it reports.
>

> If your mythbox is already recording something, this will get messy very
> quickly.

I will do this when it is not recording.At the moment I am recording
manually
scheduled stuff and it is going to the default /var/lib/mythv that is on
the OS drive
and that the second drive is normally mounted over.Actually,as sdb1 is not
mounted at the
moment it may not get messy at all.Anyway it just seems to flat the
current recording as failed.

Paul