[mythtvnz] Help-can't get grabber and mythfilldatabase to work right

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 07:19:53 BST 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:14:18 +1200, Tim Westbrook <iondiode at gmail.com>
wrote:

> That four hours might be EIT data? mythtv-setup->Video Sources->(my
> video source)->Perform EIT Scan ( should be unchecked)
>
> Could it be a networking issue?
>
> Does "wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz" work (when run from your
> mythtv box - the box running the backend)?
>
> If my network is down, I get the same errors you see in the
> mythfilldatabase log
>
> I also had an issue where if I ran configure from mythtv-setup->Video
> Sources->(myvideo source)->Configure, it failed. I had to run
>

> tv_grab_nz-py --configure --config-file=~/.mythtv/(myvideosource).xmltv
>
> Manually
>
> Note myvideosource much match the name in your mythtv-setup. mine is hd0
>

> On 22 April 2013 06:38, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

I think you might be right about the 4 hours being EIT data.I was trying
everything at that time.
I don't think it is a network problem.I've tried both wired and wireless
with no indication that it
isn't 100% reliable.

I also ran tv_grab_nz-py --configure
--config-file=~/.mythtv/(myvideosource).xmltv when Nick suggested it.

Paul