[mythtvnz] Help-can't get grabber and mythfilldatabase to work right

Tim Westbrook iondiode at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 01:05:16 BST 2013

On 22 April 2013 11:19, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Tim Westbrook <iondiode at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That four hours might be EIT data? mythtv-setup->Video Sources->(my
>> video source)->Perform EIT Scan ( should be unchecked)
>>
>> Could it be a networking issue?
>>
>> Does "wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz" work (when run from your
>> mythtv box - the box running the backend)?
>

> Then look at it with zless freeview.xml.gz
>

>> If my network is down, I get the same errors you see in the
>> mythfilldatabase log
>>
>> I also had an issue where if I ran configure from mythtv-setup->Video
>> Sources->(myvideo source)->Configure, it failed. I had to run
>>

>> tv_grab_nz-py --configure --config-file=~/.mythtv/(myvideosource).xmltv
>>

> We've been there and done that.
> Also I think it needs to be set up for the mythtv user, so make sure you
> make a symlink to ~mythtv/.mythtv/(yourvideosiurcename).xmltv

Hmm, I'm running mythbuntu and I have no real user ( that is a user
with a home directory) named mythtv. But maybe you know more about
Pauls system, on mine I see this in the log

2013-04-22 08:01:21.135187 I  Grabber prefers method: allatonce
2013-04-22 08:01:21.135953 I  XMLTV config file is:
/home/iondiode/.mythtv/hd0.xmltv

where iondiode is the only real user on the box, I'm not sure on how
mythtv figured that out though.