[mythtvnz] "Recording failed" message on HDHR in MythTV

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Apr 19 07:01:18 BST 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:37:23 +1200, you wrote:

>I got the HDHR networked to the mythbox.Can view channels from all 3
>transports on both tuners,using the HDHR config GUI view option.
>I have added both tuners in Mythbackend and the tuners appear in the tuner
>section of the info screen.
>If I schedule 3 concurrent programmes (I also have a dual DVB-T pci card)
>the one that the HDHR is supposed to record fails.
>
>I guess I have missed something but can't seem to find out what.
>
>Is there a way to force a particular tuner to record a scheduled programme
>so I can check see what is happening?
>
>Paul

Yes, you can specify the tuner for any recording.  Edit the recording
rule, go to Schedule Options, and change the "Use any available tuner"
setting to whichever tuner you want.  I hope you have named your
tuners in MythTV Setup so that you can tell which is which.  Each
tuner will have multiple entries for each of the multirec virtual
tuners - they each have the same name as the tuner and you have to
count them to decide which virtual tuner to assign.

However, it is easier to just use "Watch TV".  From there, after it
tunes in and starts playing, use the M (menu) key or the equivalent on
your remote, select Source, Change Tuner, and then the tuner you want
to test.