[mythtvnz] Having trouble connecting HDHR to ethernet port

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:36:56 BST 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:20:56 +1200, Joel Wirāmu Pauling
<joel at aenertia.net> wrote:

> I presume you have installed the various hdconfig utils onto the myth
> box? You can use these to manually set network settings for the
> hdhomerun. It likes to have a dhcp server to dish out an ip to it
> otherwise. I run a /30 dhcp server on a seperate interface for my
> HDhomerun and these removes the need to poke around using the
> commandline utils.

Yes I'm using Mythbuntu,the config GUI works ok if I connect the HDHR to
the router. - it get the firmware version,does scans etc.
However ,because of modem/router and TV antenna locations,I need to set up
the HDHR
directly onto the pc ethernet port.
I've tried all the how-tos I have found with no luck so far.
-Paul