[mythtvnz] Having trouble connecting HDHR to ethernet port

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 00:17:35 BST 2013

Hi I have just purchased a HDHR and have connected it directly to the
mythbox ethernet port.
I have tried various things in network set up but am having no luck.
I tried this:

"The HDHomeRun can be connected directly to a PC via an Ethernet cable.

The HDHomeRun is auto-MDX so does not need a cross-over cable.

Software: This feature requires HDHomeRun software release 20070829 or
later.

Network configuration: Configure the PC to use a static IP address in the
169.254.x.y range, e.g. 169.254.5.12, with a network mask of 255.255.0.0.
No gateway address or DNS servers are needed."

Any tips would be appreciated

-Paul