[mythtvnz] How good is WAF on MythTV?

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:46:40 BST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:17:54AM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Robert Fisher <robert at fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>

> > In 2013, how high is the WAF with MythTV and the EPGs?

It is good in my house, unless something happens to her Home and Away recordings. She still complains that there is nothing on, but that is more to do with the content that is being broadcast, rather than what is being recoreded.

Setting up Recording Groups is also a great way of filtering the Kids recordings away from the stuff that we want to watch.

Also having remote web access is great when you are out and want to schedule something before you forget.

> Not particulary tech friendly wife who is happy to use the system, although
> I do all the recording scheduling etc.

As with Nick, my better half does not generally schedule anything, but when she does it is via the Web interface.

Just make sure you get a remote control, as controling with Keyboard reduces WAF a huge amount. As the machine I have in the Bedroom currently uses a Keyboard and she does not use it very much, if at all.

Neil