[mythtvnz] Is there a new user FAQ/Wiki? / new user setup questions

Daniel Carter dantheperson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:37:41 BST 2013

Hi,

Recently returned from the UK with a DVB-S2 setup and i got a few new nz
user questions.  Is there a wiki that covers all this?

Does the over-the-air EIT EPG not work in NZ? Surprised to see
posts about still using grabber scripts, and all the
certified set-top boxes advertise the EPG functionality?

I need to replace my satellite USB receiver box with a terrestrial receiver
to get HD.  Are there any plans to move to DVB-T2 or can i use any old
DVB-T receiver?

And on that note, any recommendations for a cheap dual tuner USB or PCIe
card?

I'm thinking about the AverMedia TwinStar USB for 85+GST
http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=TVNAVM2619&name=AverMedia-A825-AVerTV-TwinStar-DVB-T-FM-Radio-Exte

Would it make sense to install a satellite dish, and keep the
satellite receiver to get an EPG while using terrestrial for the actual
channels to get HD?

Why'd they have to make it so complicated in NZ?

Regards,
Dan.
--
Sent from my computer