[mythtvnz] Version 0.25

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Thu Sep 20 22:33:10 BST 2012

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Mark Crawford <rustbucket99 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> If your crazy enough to enable all of the testing repos to try and fix
>> bugs
>> and then go into Mythbuntu Control Centre you can enable the 0.26
>> version of
>> Myth
>
> It is NOT 0.26, it is a beta or a release candidate!

What???  Everywhere I've worked a beta is a beta of something, likewise
with a release candidate and a final production release.  The beta, rc,
final release, final release 2 (don't laugh to hard at that one!) etc are
usually just points along the version tree.  For example the version 1
beta may be 0.99.1 (with release 1 as version 1.0) or it could be
1.0.023.4 (with release 1 as 1.0.024.0)

So to my mind it clearly is 0.26 AND from the screenshot looks like it is
at RC stage.

Also, regarding problems with 0.25, along with most others I had the
recording length displaying incorrectly for recordings taken under 0.24,
it didn't concern me too much so I didn't apply the fixes discussed here.
The main problem I have is on my BE/FE (which is only occasionally used as
a FE) the sound frequently switches to static when pausing/fast forwarding
etc
, by doing it again (sometimes several times) it corrects itself.

I think I also discovered I couldn't play videos via mythweb when I went
to test something as they need to be put in storage groups - I could be
wrong about that though.

Mark