[mythtvnz] Broken communication from front end

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:51:23 BST 2012

Still a problem.

I issued the following SQL commands...

use mysql;
DELETE FROM  db WHERE Host LIKE "192.168.1.%" AND DB = "mythconverg" AND
User = "mythtv";
DELETE FROM user WHERE Host LIKE "192.168.1.%" AND User = "mythtv" ;

Still no joy.

Feeling desperate I tried...

sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common

Still no joy.

I missed a question from Tony:

> Would I be right to think that your existing installation is a
> combined BE/FE or do you currently have 1 or more remote FEs running
> successfully.
I have a back end and a frontend on separate machines

My database seems OK

mysql>     select Host, User from user;
+-----------+------------------+
| Host      | User             |
+-----------+------------------+
| %         | mythtv           |
| 127.0.0.1 | root             |
| cardamom  | root             |
| localhost | debian-sys-maint |
| localhost | mythtv           |
| localhost | root             |
+-----------+------------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select host, db, user from db;
+-----------+-------------+--------+
| host      | db          | user   |
+-----------+-------------+--------+
| %         | mythconverg | mythtv |
| localhost | mythconverg | mythtv |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The IP number, the port and the password on the front end are the same
as on the back end.

One thing I should be able to see is the front end attempting to
connect  in the back end.  But I can find nothing in any logs.

cheers
Worik