[mythtvnz] Broken communication from front end

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:51:28 BST 2012

[snip]

> Need a bit more info.
>
> a) You stated your authentication password was "mythtv".
>     Is this a sanitized value?
>     Is the actual passwod you used the same as the
>     password in       /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt  ?

Did I state that?  I logged in using...

$ mysql -u root -p

I used the password of the super user on the backend at that point

Then I issued the command:

grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified by "mythtv";

The password in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt is different, and it is
the password in the front end.

> b) What is the IP of your backend?

Static.  192.168.1.14

> c)  Login to MYSQL on Backend as root
>
>     Then issue these SQL commands
>
>     use mysql;
>
>     select Host, User from user;
>
> Then post results here.
mysql> use mysql;

Database changed
mysql> select Host, User from user;
+-------------+------------------+
| Host        | User             |
+-------------+------------------+
| %           | mythtv           |
| 127.0.0.1   | root             |
| 192.168.1.% | mythtv           |
| cardamom    | root             |
| localhost   | debian-sys-maint |
| localhost   | mythtv           |
| localhost   | root             |
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Worik

--
it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree