[mythtvnz] Anyone know anything about crid's in New Zealand

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:13:04 BST 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having just looked it up again (as a result of your post) I read this in
> the RFC
>
> "The policy of assignment of CRID values lies with the CRID author
> associated with the authority field. It is likely that there will be
> a number of diverse (and possibly changing) authoring policies as
> required by various organisations as they address their respective
> audiences."
>
> leads me to believe that the crid info is defined by each provider -
> ie TV3 will probably use a different schema than TV1 and it's
> potential is therefore minimal in the extreme.

That's correct. CRIDs are created by each broadcaster. So the only way to
use a CRID outside of the DVB broadcast would be if each broadcaster
provided some facility to do so. AFAIK none of the NZ broadcasters do. The
obvious thing interface they might set up would be a system for scheduling
recordings via the web, though they wouldn't necessarily expose the CRIDs
anywhere. Sky have that facility already but they don't use CRIDs at all.
Basically the only way to look up CRIDs is do so in the EIT data.

For Freeview there is some good info in
http://www.freeviewnz.tv/media/9348/freeview_dtt_transmission_rules_2_1.pdf.
Also check out the DVB spec documents ETSI EN 300 468 and ETSI TS 102 323.

Cheers,