[mythtvnz] MythBox XMBC/Raspberry PI

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 31 10:07:25 GMT 2012

On 31/10/2012 10:57 p.m., tortise wrote:
> On 30/10/2012 8:41 p.m., Hadley Rich wrote:
>> On 29/10/12 17:49, Steven Ellis wrote:
>>> I'd be more interested in getting it running with the new PVR plugin
>>> that
>>> works with MythTV 0.25.
>>
>> I've been playing with the XBMC PVR stuff for quite a while (tvheadend)
>> and it's quite good. The one thing that isn't so hot is the recordings
>> are just presented in one long list. A little annoyance for sure but to
>> me makes it not yet up to the usability standard of the rest of XBMC.
>
> Not sure if this is relevant having avoided buying some(!) pis so far,
> however I expect a browser will surely work on these things, one
> approach might be to use mythlinks.pl to write recordings in various
> formats to the backend webserver, including grouped under subdirectories
> in the various ways possible.

I suppose I'd better be first to make the observation that the above
post may not be about mythtv, however I trust the subject matter remains
of interest to some, even if it might have been better under a new
thread...apologies if that is felt and if there is interest - I guess it
can be sent to a new thread....