[mythtvnz] Still getting the wrong channel - log weirdness

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 03:19:36 GMT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 30/10/12 16:52, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Run these and post the results:
> >
> > select chanid, starttime, endtime, title from recorded where starttime
> > between '2012-10-29 21:00' and '2012-10-29 22:00';

If you look at the output of this, you can see that it tried to record
Homeland on channel 2418. It also recorded Prime Rocks - this was a
separate recording rule unrelated to the issue with Homeland (i.e. it
didn't record Prime instead of TV3, it tried to record both but TV3 failed
to record).

> select chanid, sourceid, callsign, name, mplexid, serviceid, xmltvid,
> last_record from channel;

2302    1    TV3 PLUS1    TV3 PLUS1    1    1302    four.freeviewnz.tv
0000-00-00 00:00:00
2418    1    TV3PL    TV3Plus1    NULL    0    tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
2012-10-29 21:33:02

Here's your problem. You've still got screwed up channel data. Channel 2302
is the correct "TV3 + 1" but it has the wrong xmltvid, as noted by Tony.
You need to fix that - do it in Mythweb. Channel 2418 has no tuning data,
so the recording failed. My guess is that this channel was added by the
grabber because no channel with xmltvid of "tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
existed. This again highlights the problem with populating channel data in
multiple ways. You've also got a bunch of radio channels with no tuning
data that therefore can't be recorded. The easiest thing to do is to just
disable them - you can just uncheck the "visible" checkbox for 2418 in
Mythweb. Don't forget to save. Unfortunately the Mythweb page doesn't give
you the right columns to easily tell which channels can be recorded so if
you want to disable the other channels that can't be recorded you can use
this sql (which also sorts out the issues with TV3 + 1):

update channel set xmltvid = 'tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv' where chanid = 2302;
update channel set visible = 0 where mplexid is null and serviceid = 0;
commit;

Cheers,