[mythtvnz] MythBox XMBC/Raspberry PI

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Oct 30 08:11:44 GMT 2012

On 30/10/12 20:54, Nick Rout wrote:
> So I take it you are saying essentially that tvheadend is a better
> backend? There doesn't really seem to be support for mythbackend as a
> backend to xbmc-pvr. Or at least not in the incredibly confusing
> documentation I have seen around the same issue.

Sorry, I wasn't clear there.

I still consider mythbackend better as far as recording rules go. I'll
probably continue to use it if the XBMC PVR plugin works well enough.

In saying that, configuring tvheadend is much nicer and it does work
very well, just not quite as feature-full as far as recording rules go.
It also only supports local tuners natively, not the HDHomerun (though
you can make it work).

My comments were mostly referring to the fact that I personally prefer
XBMC to mythfrontend.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz