[mythtvnz] MythBox XMBC/Raspberry PI

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:44:10 GMT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:
> My Raspberry PI (number II, blew up number I) has arrived and I have it
> setup.
>
> I would like to run MythBox, which I have installed.
>
> But when I run it it just hangs.
>
> According to
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17984&p=194235
> it'll work on MythTV 0.24, which is what I run.
>
> https://code.google.com/p/mythbox/ does not have any actual instructions
> (like how to tell it where my back end is, DB assword etc)
>
> Does anybody here have any clues?

When you go into mythbox for the first time it usually dumps you in
the screen where you configure the normal mythtv setup options (db
server [your backend address unless you have mysql on another
machine], db port [usually 3306], db name[mythconverg, unless you
changed that], db username [usually mythtv] and db password [up to
you]). Once you have filled all that in, it works.

If not, when you you go into mythbox, go to settings and set the
options under MySQL DB.