[mythtvnz] Channel id to name tables: Where are they?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:38:12 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 23/10/12 15:19, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Then start mythtv-setup, go into "3 Video sources" and delete the second
> > one (highlight it in the list and press 'd'). I expect the second one is
> > serviceid 3, and I think it will delete the associated channels, but we
> > better check before proceeding. So run the sql again:
>
> I have three sources.  One for each of my tuners and a third for an old
> and now obsolete tuner I used in the past.

Those are not sources. Those are capture cards. In MythTV terms (and I
appreciate that the terminology is confusing), a video source is a
broadcast mechanism with associated guide data. So sources are things like
Freeview, Freeview HD, Sky TV, analogue TV. A source is not the device you
use to receive those broadcasts - there may be multiple devices that can
receive a particular source.

See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:MythTV_structure

In your case, you have one source you can receive: Freeview HD. Your two
devices should both be set to use that single source using the input
connections screen in mythtv-setup.

>From the output of Stephen's script, source 3 hasn't had much use. It looks
like there is one recording rule against it, if you're worried about losing
that then post a dump of the "record" table (just recordid and chanid are
enough) and I'll tell you what to update to save it. Then delete the
TVStickOne and Pinnicle video sources using mythtv-setup and post another
dump of your channel table. I'd also rename Nova-T to Freeview or something
like that. Don't forget to backup your database before you make the changes.

Cheers,