[mythtvnz] Channel id to name tables: Where are they?

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 02:37:16 BST 2012

On 22/10/12 12:30, Worik Stanton wrote:
> A while ago I asked for help here with a problem where some times the
> wrong channel is recorded at the correct time.

My guess is that the XMLTVID field in the channel table has not been
properly set.

This field provides the link from the xmltv guide data to the actual
channel that carries the programme.

as an example the xmltvid for "TV ONE" is tv1.freeviewnz.tv  (If you use
the epg data available at http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz).

The "Authorised" tools to modify the channels table are
"mythtv-setup channels editor", and
"Mythweb" which only exposes a subset of the columns.

Although there are plenty of un-authorised tools to modify mythconverg
tables the devs tend to take the view that if you use them then if
something breaks you get to keep the pieces.

Regards

Tony