[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 02:14:19 BST 2012

>>> The firmware file is packaged in ubuntu in linux-firmware-nonfree. What
>>> distro are you guys on? I recall someone mentioning arch. Maybe you need to
>>> file a bug report?
>>

>> I'm on Mythbuntu 11.10
>>
>> Paul
>
> Well the firmware file is packaged for you but I don't think mythbuntu
> includes linux-firmware-nonfree by default. It probably should. The clue to
> why it doesn't is probably the term "nonfree".

I can hardly take credit for finding the solution - those thanks
should go to Mr. McKnight!

In my opinion, this is not so much a bug as a difficult-to-know about
*gotcha* requirement for these cards to work properly under Linux. I
hope that between this thread and my thread on the Arch Linux* forums
(https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=126229) that most people
with an HVR-22xx and a cursory google search will be up and running.

* I run Arch Linux. Amongst its selling points is a "roll your own"
philosophy - with minimal default packages and only those you want it
to (or are dependencies).