[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:36:56 BST 2012

On 19 October 2012 10:26, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

>> After fixing some reception issues with a home-made folded dipole, I
>> noticed
>> a similar problem with pixellation approximately every 20 minutes.
>>
>> I believe this Pixellation problem may have been due to missing
>> firmware. Specifically, my system was not loading the firmware for the
>> tda10048
>> devices. It was successfully loading the saa7164, and tda18271 firmware,
>> however
>> the tda10048 firmware file was missing.
>>
>> I downloaded HVR-12x0-14x0-17x0_1_25_25271_WHQL.zip, and extract.sh from:
>>
>> http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/
>

>> Then extracted the file dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw using extract.sh, and
>> copied the
>> firnmware file to lib/firmware.
>

> Could you describe how you do this in terms an idiot can follow?
> How do you get extract.sh to do it's stuff.
> I just tried it on my Ubuntu box and nothing seemed to happen.
>
> -Paul

This from the HVR2200 linuxTV wiki page
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200):

Open a terminal on your desktop and enter the following commands one at a time:

wget http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/22xxdrv_27086.zip
wget http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/HVR-12x0-14x0-17x0_1_25_25271_WHQL.zip
wget http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/extract.sh

You should see some stuff downloading after each of the above. Next
(still in a terminal), run the extractor shell script:

sh extract.sh

You should now have 4 or 5 firmware files (*.fw) on your desktop. Now,
still in the terminal, copy these extracted files to the correct
place:

cp *fw /lib/firmware

Some linux distros, might need the following line instead of the above:

cp *fw /lib/firmware/`uname -r`

Hopefully this is simple enough!