[mythtvnz] Commentary track 2 in some NZ programs

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Oct 18 09:25:00 BST 2012

On 18/10/2012 8:24 p.m., ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I convert movies and some TV to .mp4 to put on my iPhone and archive. I
> use mencoder to do this and it all seems to be working fine.
>
> I just converted “Space Buddies”, a kids movie and I am getting a
> seemingly new commentary track and the standard audio track combined. I
> think there were often two audio tracks it’s just that previously they
> were both the same. Also I think if I use “-aid 128” I can get rid of
> the problem but this is not really what I am writing about.
>
> Has anyone else noticed the use of audio track 2 for commentary. I also
> noticed it on “Prince of Persia Sands Of Time” also. Both of these are
> on are TV 2.

TV1 and TV2 as best I can tell are now broadcast (DVB-T) with 3 audio
tracks - English AC3 2 channel, English LIBFAAD_LATM 2 channel and
"Italian" LIBFAAD_LATM 2 channel, seems the latter Italian is actually
English with some sort of additional audio overlay with some woman
describing what is happening in screen, I assume to assist blind
viewers. Tooks me ages to figure out where she came from!

Pressing the "-" key on a frontend keyboard demonstrates these.

Could that have something to do with this, and perhaps the need to
specify the preferred track?