[mythtvnz] Remotes, lirc and kernel drivers

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 17 03:09:12 BST 2012

I have now finally finished upgraded myself and my mother to Mythbuntu
12.04 with MythTV 0.25+fixes.  The last hurdle I met was getting the
Hauppauge remotes working on the TD-500 and HVR-900R2 tuners.  I have
now got it all working using the kernel remote drivers and lirc using
the devinput driver.  There was a fairly steep learning curve, and
there are lots of web pages out there that are rather unhelpful.  So I
would like to recommend this one:

 http://linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/Architecture_and_Customization

It is for Linhes, not Mythbuntu, but it has an excellent explanation
of how everything works, what tools to use, and especially how to
debug your setup.