[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:06:05 BST 2012

On 17/10/2012 1:40 PM, "Tony Sauri" <hoiho.nz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/10/12 10:22, Curtis Walker wrote:
>>
>> Am running xfs with noatime and nodirtime, on a separate disc from the
>> database and backend. Should not be the issue.
>

> One other thing that occurs to me is that a mis-match between recording
files on disk v recording file names stored in the mysql database can
create performance issues.  In particular if a recording has somehow been
manually deleted while the database record remains can cause components
like mythweb to run very slowly.

> A 10 sec check with myth-find-orphans will eliminate this as a cause of
the problem

> Tony

Yep - been there too. Database is good. I've run find_orphan.py and several
mysql database repair/check tools, and it all checks out healthy.

Have just watched a one hour recording using mediaportal on win 7. Look ma
- no pixels! Will next try a fresh mythbuntu install on a spare hd.
Hopefully my usb tuner will arrive tomorrow for further diagnosis options
(eg. hvr-2210 card linux drivers).