[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

Michael West michael at iposs.co.nz
Tue Oct 16 21:43:37 BST 2012

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 8:45 p.m. Stephen Worthington wrote:
>Another useful check would be if you could borrow a different tuner from someone and try with that.

Just a quick Idea is to buy the cheapest DVB-T stick off trademe you can find that is supported on Linux

For example I recently got a IT9135 based one for $19+$6 delivery.  You can find a picture of what it looks like here to know which one it is:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ITE_IT9135

It's probably not the best decoder and you will need to build the latest Media_build of V4L to get it to work properly.  I only got this card so I could do some test builds without having to pull my main box to bits each time and have not really used it for more than test recording yet though.  The only issue I found with it is that while getting it set up with the right V4L drivers and firmware it got into a bad state for me and required me to unpower it by pulling it out of USB and plugging it back in to get it detect fine but it seemed to work fine after that.

Would just be interesting to see if you buy or borrow a simple USB DVB-T stick and set this as the first tuner does the pixilation still happen.

Michael